Software Engineer at JibJab Media
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology
Industries: Internet, Online Media, Entertainment, Information Technology and Services
JibJab Media Inc is looking for a Software Engineer. You will design and implement solutions on the Ruby on Rails platform for the organization's technology, product, design, and business development teams, with direction and management from experienced technology leaders. You will play a key role on a world-class technology team.
• Build web software on the Ruby on Rails platform to create forward-looking solutions to interesting problems in massive-scale media creation and distribution.
• Build components and technology for the JibJab website and other JibJab properties.
• Integrate with the coolest stuff the web has to offer: Facebook Connect, Twitter and cloud computing, just to name a few.
• Work with a passion for quality and maintainability. “Don’t leave broken windows unrepaired.”
• Have fun! Remember – we're funny people… mostly.
• At least 5 years of web software development experience in multiple programming languages and environments (Experience with Ruby on Rails is a HUGE plus. Never used it? If you’re smart and a quick learner, drop us a line anyway!)
• Understanding of web application basics, such as: HTTP, cookies and saving state, database access, object-oriented analysis and design, data modeling.
• We are always looking to grow and evolve our software. Interest and/or experience with emerging technologies like JRuby, Rubinius and other alternatives to the MRI is desired.
• A positive attitude is an absolute must, along with strong verbal and written communication skills. We are not a huge team, which makes working well together that much more important.
• Most of our applications are built on the Ruby on Rails platform.
• Linux is the primary production operating system, Postgres is our database and software like Memcache, HAProxy and Nginx serve our website.
• Flash, Flex and other RIA technologies power our media personalization and rendering platform.
JibJab Media Inc. is an online media company that has been pioneering digital entertainment production and distribution since 1999. In 2007, JibJab launched its popular JibJab Sendables brand of eCards. As of June 30, 2008, over 170 comedians, writers, artists, musicians and performers had created over 1,200 titles in the JibJab Sendables library. By Christmas of 2009, JibJab had become a Top 50 web property according to Quantcast, and 2010 promises even more challenging growth opportunities.
It is ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.
Tags: Software Engineer at JibJab Media (Venice CA)